Below you will find information for admission and application forms for all grade levels. Scroll down for Grades 10-12 Application.
ENTERING GRADE 9 - Fall 2014
Please submit applications between January 13 and January 31, 2014.
In order to attain the vision of a gender-balanced, diverse student population, NTHS will have an admissions process designed to reach out to Napa Valley Unified School District families and enable the school to achieve this vision. No student who is currently enrolled at NTHS shall be displaced if the number of boys and girls becomes unbalanced. In order to attract informed applicants who are committed to the school program and philosophy, all parents who desire to enroll their child at NTHS will be required to attend a Parent Information Meeting. All students applying to NTHS will be required to
- Attend a parent/student meeting.
- Submit a completed application packet. Parents and/or students may sign up to attend a tour of NTHS but this activity will not replace the parent/student meeting.
All applicants must complete an application and their parents must sign a contract (stating that they understand their commitment to NTHS) and provide their child’s immunization, latest grade report and proof of address. Students who apply and are accepted to NTHS are expected to stay for a minimum of one academic year. Consistent with NTHS policies, prior to the lottery, preference for enrollment will be given in the following order:
- Those students who have siblings currently enrolled in the school
- Children of NTHS staff members
Requirements To Apply
- Parents and students must attend a Parent Information Meeting.
- The application must have a completed open enrollment form attached.
- The application must have the student’s most current transcript attached. If you’re put on the waiting list, you may be asked to provide a current transcript at the time your name reaches the number one slot.
- The application must have proof that the student lives (will live) in the Napa Valley Unified School District attendance area attached.
- If not a current NVUSD student, the application must have a copy of the student’s birth certificate attached.
The ENTIRE application packet MUST be submitted by January 31, 2014 at 4:00 p.m. unless otherwise stated. All of the above requirements and pertinent dates are addressed in the 9th Grade Admission Timeline. Our 9th Grade Admission Policy & Application is quite short and should not take more than a few minutes to complete.
ENTERING GRADE 10, 11, 12 – Fall 2014
Requirements for 10-12
Students have requirements throughout each year. Sophomores are required to complete 10 hours of school service, meaning services that are for the school. Juniors have to complete 20 hours of community services, meaning services for the community. Seniors have to complete 50 hours of internship in an area of career interest. Seniors also need to have their portfolio completed before they start their internship. These requirements will not only benefit the school, but also the students themselves, since these services will look great on their transcripts.
Admission Information and Application
All applicants must complete an application/contract which includes their signature, parent’s signature and provide a copy of the applicant’s immunization record, transcript, latest grade report, birth certificate and proof of address. Students who apply and are accepted to NTHS are expected to stay for a minimum of one semester as stated on the application.
The 101st student (and beyond) who applies for grade 10, 11 or 12 will go on our waiting list (provided they qualify) in the order they apply. This waiting list will stay in force throughout the student’s remaining years in high school unless the parent requests that their name be removed. Waiting list students will be notified (in the order they fall on the waiting list) by phone if a seat becomes available. Should they choose not to take the seat, their name will be removed from the waiting list and we will call the next student on the waiting list and so on until all of the seats are filled.
- 10 th Grade – Must have an overall GPA of 2.0 or better and be in or have completed Algebra I with a ‘C’ or better.
- 11 th Grade – Must have an overall GPA of 2.0 or better and be in or have completed Geometry with a ‘C’ or better.
- 12 th Grade – Must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or better, be on track for graduation and be in or have completed two years of Math (with Algebra I being the lowest level).