New Technology High School has played a unique role in leading education reform in the Napa Valley, the United States, and even globally. As a public school of choice, New Tech prides itself in being diverse learning community that mirrors the demographics of the greater district. The highly competitive lottery process is open to both in-district and out-of-district applicants with preference going to NVUSD residents and siblings of current students. New Technology High School accepts 108 incoming freshman to each class and fills vacant slots in the 10th, 11th, and 12th grades from the waitlist. Want to apply? Follow the processes listed below.
NVUSD Open Enrollment Period (OPEN ENROLLMENT CLOSED)
The Napa Valley Unified School District allows students to apply for the school of their choice during open enrollment between October 3 and November 30, 2016. To apply, please follow the steps below:
- Students currently enrolled in any public middle school in Napa or American Canyon or River School Charter just need to complete the on-line open enrollment process.
- Students not currently enrolled in NVUSD need to register at their school of residence. This includes students at private schools, home-schooled students and students from other charter schools (i.e. Stonebridge).
- Complete the online Open Enrollment process before November 30th.
- Students that have been accepted will be notified in December 7th and have 48 hours to accept their offer. All other students will be placed on the waitlist.
To Learn More About New Tech High School’s Model:
- Incoming 9th grade families should attend one of our Prospective Penguin Nights.
- Dates: November 1, November 7, November 16, November 29
- Time: 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- Location: New Technology High School
- Sign-up for a Recruitment Tour.
- New Tech High representatives will visit all NVUSD middle schools during the Open Enrollment period. We encourage your student to look for when and where we will be!
Outside of Open Enrollment Period (December 1st to September 30th)
New Tech High School still accepts applications for enrollment outside of the open enrollment period. Applicants during this time frame are not guaranteed a spot but will be contacted if their application is next on the waitlist. Perspective students are encouraged to sign-up to attend one of our recruitment tours (NTHS does not offer student shadowing at this time). To apply outside of the open enrollment period, please download and complete the appropriate application:
|Napa Valley Unified School District prohibits unlawful discrimination based on actual race, color, ancestry, national origin, nationality, ethnicity, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other legally protected status; the perception of one or more of such characteristics; or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics (BP/AR 5145.3)
El Distrito Escolar Unificado del Valle de Napa (NVUSD) desea proporcionar un entorno escolar seguro que permita a todos los estudiantes tener un acceso y oportunidades igualitarias en los programas, servicios y actividades académicas y de apoyo educativo del distrito. El NVUSD prohíbe, en cualquier escuela o actividad escolar del distrito, la discriminación ilegal, el acoso, la intimidación y el abuso de cualquier estudiante en base a la realidad de su raza, color, ascendencia, origen nacional, identificación con grupo étnico, edad, religión, estatus marital o parental, discapacidad física o mental, sexo, orientación sexual, género, identidad de género, expresión de género, la percepción de una o más de estas características o la asociación con una persona o grupo con una o más de estas características reales o percibidas. (BP/AR 5145.3)